[AMPS] SB-220 conversion for 50MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 conversion for 50MHz
From: ns1z@agate.net (John / NS1Z)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:45:12 +0000
YMMV but I also received advice to "ask Carl" re: converting to 6. What I
got was "send it in with $350 and I will do the conversion" which was not
what I wanted to do.

The SB220 mod is documented in several places and available from ARRL as a
reprint. Check out www.6mt.com (or net I forget which) for many HF to 6
mods. If you don't find the info there write back. I did my SB1000 with
more than a few notes to Mr. Measures and it worked very well. Less than
$6.00 in parts and my labor/education.

Do it yourself, it's worth it!

At 11:24 PM 8/24/98 -0400, DavidC wrote:

>Talk to Carl, KM1H at Radiokit  603-635-2235 (best time 10:30-11:30AM
>weekdays, weekends vary ... but never early in the morning!).  He has done
>tons of SB-2xx to 6m conversions!
>
>You might also reach him via packet, I think he calls K1XX his home node.
>--
>73, DavidC  AA1FA
>
>"Faith is the posture that life is not a cruel joke played on us by no
>one."  Anonymous
>

>> Recently picked up a SB-220 with the idea of converting it for use on
>> six.  Any one have any experience with this mod and pitfalls to watch
>> out for?   Tnx Lloydkc2agl@mhv.net
>
>--

John Wilcox  NS1Z
FN44rn