[AMPS] Low Output on 10 meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Low Output on 10 meters
From: w7iuv@axtek.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:35:01 +0100
Re tuning the input networks on any GG amp:

I know this has been said before, but I'll say it again.

First determine the cathode impedance of the tubes in your amp. Ask
somebody, look it up, or calculate it if you're into S&M.

Take a small carbon or good metal film resistor of a value equal to the
combined impedance of the tubes in you amp and tack solder it from the
cathodes to ground.

Do not even plug your amp into the AC mains. Just stick your favorite
impedance bridge onto the input connector, jam the relays over if
necessary, and tune away. No HV, no hassle, no problem. Be sure to take out
the resistor when you are finished.

Been doin' it that way for about 30 yrs now, never missed the mark yet.

73,

Larry - W7IUV