[AMPS] Carbon Composition Resistors (Swamping Network for Halllicrafters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Carbon Composition Resistors (Swamping Network for Halllicrafters HT-33 A amplifier)
From: zellmer@raccoon.com (Jim Zellmer)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:21:46 -0500
I have a Hallicrafters HT-33A amp sitting on my project shelf.  The orginal
swamping resistor network consisted of 3 200 ohm 20 watt globar resistors.
One is missing and the others have changed in value.

I might add that I chased down the original manufacturer of the Glowbar
carbon resistors.  That particular size would be a special order and was
going to cost about $50 each with a $250 setup charge.  I suppose the cost
would go down with a larger ordrer.

Would a network of  the MOF resistors described below work, assuming that
the use of a 100 watt exciter work as a suitable replacement for the
origninal Glowbars?  I was thinking of using a seriers parallel network of 6
100 ohm resistors.  Where do you order the Matsushita 3w-rated 100 ohm MOF
resistors described below?

It would be really nice to get the SX-101, HT-32 and HT33A going for the
cold nights a head

TNX ES 73

Jim Zellmer,  KA0VSL