[AMPS] Cathode input networks resonant or not?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cathode input networks resonant or not?
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 98 20:57:02 -0000
>That (nonlinear) resistance is across only part of the total pi-net
>capacitance which determines resonance. I think a simple experiment will
>show that the "dip" frequency of a pi is somewhat dependent upon the
>terminating load R. That's what I seem to recall theory predicts. Maybe
>it's no mystery!

I've stayed out of this one so far, but I gotta agree with Dick.  A tuned
circuit such as a PI-net is a resonant circuit.  Resonance means that the
circuit stores energy.  And without reosnance, as Dick so aptly put it,
you'd have no flywheel effect.

And yes the resonant frequency of a Pi-net is VERY dependent upon its
load impedance.

Jon Ogden
KE9NA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na