[AMPS] ok, someone wanted to know/ 3-500z/g/c

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ok, someone wanted to know/ 3-500z/g/c
From: KB2QQM@email.msn.com (GREGORY HEATH)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:08:29 -0400
3-500 Z, ZG, C
The tube first started out as the 3-400Z. The original grounded grid triode
introduced in the  early 60's. Pwr dissipation 400w.

3-500z-later version of the 400z, having larger fins for increased power
dissipation of 500w.
slightly larger body.requires heat dissipation connector.

3-500zg- Graphite anode version of 3-500z.  dissipation of abt 600w.
Graphite provides a more rugged tube. it is produced by Eimac(no
longer)......   Amperex(3-500z/8802),
RF Parts, Inc.

3-500C- Chinese Graphite Tube-made by Penta, Jolida, Star, Pride,
etc.-Quality and warranty vary.

3-600Z  Proposed Russia Tube.  only prototypes were produced.  dont expect
until 1999.

Rf Parts gives 1 to 2 year warranties on their tubes.
The graphite tubes can take a little more overload vs. the regular tubes.
The graphite tubes,
were discovered sometime before WWII.  Before use I guess they require, some
sort of burn in, from what I read.  A minimum of 10 hours of just filament
burn....not key down, where another source said they required 50-100 hours
of key down before they would produce full pwr.   Maybe someone will
enlighten me on that procedure.
I got some of this info from www.rfparts.com  and some from stuff people
sent me.