[AMPS] SB 200 on 160

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB 200 on 160
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 20:28:51 -0700
Steve,
Be careful. I believe Doug used an old NRC R-175A plate choke. Check for
resonances before applying the juice!! His original intent with this article
and hence the selection of this specific choke was to convert the SB200 for
use as a LOW BAND amp only, ie 160/80/40 meters.

I just picked up a like new MFJ-259 swr analyzer and am anxious to do some
fun stuff. This coupled with my faithful Heathkit HD1250 GDO should let me
check most things.

Last time I checked Derek K7FF had some of these R-175As in stock.

GL and God Bless.

Lane
KM3G
San Diego