[AMPS] Meter Scale

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Meter Scale
From: kf4kl@ipass.net (Doug Hall)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 01:32:46 GMT
On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 20:42:35 -0400 (EDT), K4GMH wrote:

>Can anyone describe how to make meter scales (faces) using programs that are
>relatively available on the home computer?  The term "relative available"
>means something like the MS products, Draw, Word Perfect, etc.  I've heard
>of making meter scales with various CAD packages.  However, I don't have
>access to any of them.
>
>        73,
>        Mike, K4GMH

Mike,
I've re-created a number of meter scales for old receivers and
transmitters. I use Corel Draw, which in my opinion is the best
drawing program ever written. For things like meter scale creation I
like it better than Autocad, or any CAD program, for that matter. Any
version of Corel Draw from version 3.0 and up is just fine for such
tasks, so look in the stack of used software at the next hamfest. I
print the resulting meter scale on white adhesive-backed paper
(Crack-n-Peel) and trim it to fit the meter. The one on my Hammarlund
HQ-170 receiver is so good that you can't tell it's a repro even from
only a foot away.
73,
Doug, KF4KL