[AMPS] My old amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] My old amp
From: YDDOG@aol.com (YDDOG@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:42:39 EDT
ok gang ,,

             Here is the story ,, at a recent hamfest I purchased a Hunter
2000 c
* Bandit * . Aside from a shorted filament choke , open resistors ,  blown
capacitors in the power suppy and visable burns on the plate of the tuning Cap
,
it was in Good shape <sic> . I have just about finished repairing it and want
fire it up , thus my question . Finding the right filter capacitors was
difficult , the
originals are 140 MF at 475v ( 6 total ). I was only able to locate this type
of
cap at 450v and replaced them with these. The total voltage of these
capacitors
is now about the same as the plate voltage 2700v. I know from an engineering
view this is terrible ,, but ,, will it work ? Is there anything else I should
be checking before bringing it up ? something I might have overlooked ?
I defer to the experts .

Mike    (  N I 3 I )