[AMPS] FS:Amp Supply LK-500ZB 10-160m

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FS:Amp Supply LK-500ZB 10-160m
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:01:55 -0400

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:32:15 -0700 zeitler@ibm.net writes:

>Bryan and the Group,
>What are the experiences from you all regarding the QSK on this amp??
>I have
>had several LK500s in the past but unfortunately none of them were
>with the
>QSK built in. Did they use a vacuum output relay??

The QSK model used a Jennings RJ-1A/26S and I have seen a few supposedly
original Kilovac versions.
Dont know about the ZB but Denny Had demonstrated a LK-500ZC at Dayton in
(1987 I believe) in QSK mode for the complete show. It was keyed at up to
50WPM and the waveforms were displayed on a Tek 465A scope. Not once did
it appear to hot switch.

There were some differences in the switching between and even during
models....I doubt if a complete and accurate set of schematics exist!

73  Carl  KM1H

BTW....hope San Diego kicks some NY butt!