[AMPS] Grid current "drift"

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid current "drift"
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:34:20 -0700
My verbage of sensitive comes from the opposite end of the street, where
RUGGED is where I live with my HENRY and the 3CX1200A7.

I don't like the use of 3CX800A7s for HF as there are a number of better
choices that don't require the care in protection that these tubes need.
Don't forget, a 4 watt grid (as in the 3CX800A7) goes POOF! quickly if
abused at all ($435 each tube).

The heating of components not made for the power level seems like a distinct
possibility.
You MAY be able to help your own situation by slightly "heavier" loading to
reduce grid current and not take much off the output (maybe 25 watts from
absolute peak).

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
Rugged, Reliable Henry HF Amps are "Instant on" for RF Power now!
DXers/Contesters/Ragchewers get your HENRY from RADIODAN for LESS!
***Subscribe to the HENRY reflector at www.qth.net <http://www.qth.net>
***
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!