[AMPS] 4CX600JA pinouts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX600JA pinouts
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:03:26 EDT

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:27:03 -0400 John Nelson
<John_Nelson@compuserve.com> writes:

>Someone here was asking for the pinouts of the 4CX600JA. It's not at all
>like a 4CX250. Pin 1 and the base ring are the screen. Pins 2, 4 and
7are
>the control grid and pins 3, 6 and 8 are the cathode. Pin 5 and the
centre
>pin (the spigot which is the grid connection in a 4CX250) are the heater
>connections. I have an Eimac data sheet if anyone wants more
information.

>Nice tubes if you can get the SK-607 sockets.
>
>John Nelson
>GW4FRX.

Thank you, sir.

Hi John,
   I posted that message.

   Eimac has the short version of the data sheet on line... and it is in
my shortform catalog but, no pinout in either location.

   I have 3 of those critters from a friend's estate and I was just
trying to run a quicky test on them while I was checking all the other
small 4CX stuff.   I had an inkling that the pinout was somewhat
non-traditional when the heaters measured (in the wrong way) open on all
three, including the one marked "new".   I then discovered the triangular
interconnections on the base and decided to get some info before lighting
them up.

  Just curious, do you know if the SK-607 has a larger air passage to
accommodate these tubes, as well as a pin 5?  :-)

Thanks again & 73,
   Marv  WC6W

*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]