[AMPS] Cheap RF power sensor chip.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cheap RF power sensor chip.
From: davek@medphys.ucl.ac.uk (Dave Kirkby)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:30:47 +0100
The AD8313 is apparently a new chip from Analog Devices, and is an RF
power sensor, useable from 100MHz to 2.5 GHz,  with 65 dB dynamic range.
The default input is -65 dBm to 0 dBm (about 0.3 nW to 1mW), but could
obviously be extended to higher powers with an attenuator.  The output
is an analog voltage, proportional to the log of power. It is said to be
stable over temperature or supply voltage variations (supply range=2.7
to 5.5V). I understand from somenoe else the devices are about $12 in
small quantities.

If you have ever tried using a Schottky diode as a power sensor over a
wide range of powers/frequencies, you will appreciate this one.

Check out:

http://products.analog.com/products/info.asp?product=AD8313

if you are interested.

Dave Kirkby G8WRB
(and no I dont work for Analog Devices !!).