[AMPS] Re: lamps in alphas

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: lamps in alphas
From: ab2et@juno.com (Zdzislaw R Sawicki)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 23:34:29 -0400
Tom:
Rough Chore is a Mild description, the last time that I ran into that
type of "silly" problem was when a friend of mine found out that in order
for him to change the spark plugs on his car he had to partially lift out
the engine.... well 3 of the four where changed on a regular basis but
that 4th NEVER that I know of.

The answer from Dr. Detroit was that two separate engineering crews did
the design of that "famous" unit, I wonder if that is the same Story with
"OLD" ETO Alpha.

BTW I got a funny message from one of the reflector denizens welcoming me
and my Alpha's problems to the "Alpha Quadrant" of DEEP Radio Space.

So far 5 messages in the same vain , I did receive a "official" message
from Alpha Power but they did not have a 374 in house and in essence did
not know that the  meter lamps  are mounted in recessed mounter meter and
until the meter is removed the lamp looks like the 4 spark plug, no
changeout unless I pull the cap and diode assemblies so that I can at
that point remove the meter.

If I go to that point I will most likely replace the "lamp" with some
form of very bright LED.
73,s

Steve

  oo
 (__)         AB2ET
"I bet two extra terrestrials"

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:14:02 -0500 (CDT) w4th@webtv.net (Tom Hix) writes:
>If you find out that easy way to get at the lamps, please let me
>know.
>My 78 needs one in the plate meter. I have not even looked at
>replacing
>it, but it sounds like a rough chore....73...Tom ...W4th

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]