[AMPS] Winding chokes...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Winding chokes...
From: ns1z@agate.net (John / NS1Z)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:19:11 +0000
Well, I got the fiberglas form for the plate choke and wound it bi-filar as
the handbook suggested. However, when I removed the spacing wrap the
remaining turns decided they had a mind of their own. I looked just great
until I tried removing that spacing wind.

Now, how do you folks who wind your own accomplish getting the windings to
stay where you want. Do you paint them with coil dope before removing the
spacing wind? This is my first attempt and I need a little Elmering...

Thanks

          John Wilcox  NS1Z
QTH List Admin: MEHAM, Homebrew, Kenwood
               FN44rn
           ns1z@agate.net
         fon: 207-364-2246

            871 Route 120