[AMPS] Alpha 76 (CA); operating WARC bands?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 76 (CA); operating WARC bands?
From: pmarkham@newsguy.com (pmarkham)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:56:06 -0500

  Since the thread about the Alpha 76 (CA) 12 meter resonance of the plate
choke and WARC band operation did not lead to a query about on which "old" band
to tune an adjacent "new" band, I am open to guidance. I suspect there are
"real" physics reasons (as opposed to imaginary.. ;-) related to the choice of
bands, that if explained would be appreciated more fully by those of us that
own the venerable beast.

  I own a 76CA with 10 meters. Are there 76s without 10 meters? If so, are the
tuning procedures for the WARC bands different?

                                    TIA,
                                         Pete/wa4hei

HF APRS: 10,149,200/18,107,700/28,293,100 Hz mark (lowest emitted frequency)