[AMPS] G2DAF amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G2DAF amp
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 00:15:41 -0800

>Just following the thread on the reflector.
>From the description it doesn't sound any different in principle to the
>"supercathode" drive I was squawking about earlier this fall.
>Supercathode:  drive grid and cathode together, ground screen so Esc=-drive
>voltage
>G2DAF: drive grid and screen together, but multiply screen up.

In the DAF ckt., the grid and screen are not "together" because the grid
is driven at an RF rate while the screen is driven at a near-audio rate.
.  The grid and cathode are not "together"  either because the cathode is
grounded and the grid is driven.
-  later

Rich. Measures.  Web site:  www.vcnet.com/measures