[AMPS] Tuned input

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned input
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 02:05:20 -0800

>I need to tune the input circuit on my SB 220.
>I have seen something about this in the past on the reflector.
>Please give me some idea's about the easiest/safest way of doing this.
>Thanks Will

Remove the front panel;  lengthen the metering leads ;  add a ground wire
between the panel and the chassis.  The Q of the stock tuned inputs is
too low for good swr with solid-state radios and should be increased to
approx. 2.  In other words, C-in and C-out needs to be increased, plus L
needs to be decreased on each band.  [See "Circuit Improvements for the
Heath SB-220 Amp[lifier" November/December, 1990 QST].

Rich. Measures.  Web site:  www.vcnet.com/measures