[AMPS] Fw: [TenTec] Titan info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Fw: [TenTec] Titan info
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:07:02 -0800

>Using a high voltage current limited source is also common practice to
>increase the switching speed of stepper motor driver stages.  I was taught
>that in the early 80's!
>73 Fraser G4BJM

ok

However, it wasn't directly taught in the college I went to [Cal Poly /
San Luis Obispo].   I did learn about the way current increases in an
inductor and the way voltage increases across a capacitor, which is key
to the solution of the speed problem.  The practical side I learned by
reading the Jennings catalog and measuring various sped-up relay speeds
with a dual trace oscilloscope - when I was trying to design a high-speed
switching circuit that would beat the fastest radio on the market.
.
>Isn't there some saying about age and experience will always do the dirty on
>youth and enthusiasm?

-  -  Age is a case where more is not necessarily better.  In his second
term, President Reagan managed to sell a terrorist state (Iran)
state-of-the-art anti-tank missiles.   Saddam understandably got pissed
and the U.S.S. Stark paid for Reagan's mistake. .  .   Eventually, Reagan
began to recount WWII American propaganda stories as if they were
actually true although they were purest bovine feculence.  .

-  later, Peter

Rich...