[AMPS] Re: TET/EMTRON

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: TET/EMTRON
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:32:05 +1300
Peter Chadwick wrote:
> I think that there has been more than one company called TET,
> located in different parts of the world, and unrelated.

Hello Peter,
The history of TET is quite interesting-
The original company was founded by JG1PEA Taniguchi-san. The company details
were Taniguchi Engineering Traders, 2589-1 Shimonagaya-cho,
Kohnan-Ku, Yokohama, Japan 233; trading as TET Antenna Systems.

An affiliate called TET USA Inc operated from two locations:
425 Highland Parkway, Norman, Oklahoma 73069;
1309 Simpson Way, Suite F Escondido, California 92025.

There were some retail stores which provided support- for example
a Service and Alignment Manual for TET HB9CV Triband Yagis was
published by Subtronics Amateur Radio, 15 Sexton Dr, Xenia, Ohio 45385.

As the story goes, TET Antenna Systems in Yokohama closed down,
(perhaps in the late 1980s) and JG1PEA immigrated to Australia.
He formed a partnership called TET-EMTRON, with the Australian
company, Emtronics, 95 Wentworth Ave, Sydney 2000.

I believe that Mr Taniguchi was killed in a car accident in Australia,
and TET-EMTRON was then taken over as the TE division of Emtronics.
The antenna models were all redesigned, and the dual-drive HB9CV
feed system is all that remains in common with the original designs.
I think it is unlikely that any of the present components
would be suitable for the original Japanese made atennas.

The Emtron DX-1 and DX-2 amplifiers are stated to be designed and manufactured
by Emtron in Australia.  Emtron also makes power supplies
and other amateur related equipment.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ