[AMPS] Screen regulator circuit needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Screen regulator circuit needed
From: John Fielding" <johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:34:32 +0200
Hi Bill - try using high voltage scan transistors from tv's.  These are
rated at 1500V or more for Vceo.  Should be available pretty cheaply, I paid
about $1 a piece a little while back.  Use a smallish npn transistor to
drive the big one (tv scan transistors have low hfe's) and use a shunt
stabiliser circuit fed from about 1250 to 1500V via a suitable dropper
resistor.  I used something similar a while back to stabilise the 750V for a
big tetrode.

John    ZS5JF