[AMPS] Screen Regulator

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Screen Regulator
From: w6ru@lightspeed.net (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:45:15 -0800
I have built several copies of the AG6K FET regulator circuit and each
time it has performed as designed including self protecting itself (fet)
from damage from my mistakes. They have provided what I would call
"perfect" regulation in not seeing any fluctuation in the screen voltage
from no load to rated load. It did require a little trial and error in
getting the correct supply voltage to the regulator under no load so
that under full load there was no sag in the voltage, and not having
excessive supply voltage to cause the scr to fire from too much voltage
drop.

Typical operation of mine were with 1200 volts and a current of up to
150 MA. Yes this circuit requires a grounded screen type circuit which
by the way has proven in my experience to be easier to neutralize that a
bypassed screen... never really understood why but was observed.

Terry  -  W6RU