[AMPS] 4-400 amplifier on six...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-400 amplifier on six...
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 23:09:06 EST

With the limited drive of the 551(10 watts) , 4-400 operation as a
tetrode would better. This recommended grid driven single band amplifier
should be neutralized and follow proper VHF construction practices.
ARRL Handbooks from the 60's and 70's provide 4-125, 4-250 and 4-400 grid
driven amplifier projects. I'll see if I can't dig one out for you. It
might be more practical to use a single 4-400 and keep the other tube as
a spare.
cheers
skip may   wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com