[AMPS] RE; Henry 8k

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE; Henry 8k
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:12:25 -0800
Dan Magro:
>This explains why I lost HV transformers when the shack was out in the
>garage!
>I thought it was just old and tired!

Blocking moisture absorption is why yours truly advocates drying out
transformers/chokes and potting the windings with polyester laminating
resin.  It's cheap and it takes little time.  /  For a Dahl 4500va
"68-pounder", approx. $2.50 worth of laminating resin is needed.
- Verily, "A stitch in time saves nine".  .  Details on do it yourself
home-potting and other gardening tips are on my Web site.
-  cheers.

Rich...