[AMPS] tuning capacitor & insulator

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] tuning capacitor & insulator
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:39:40 -0800

>On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:55:16 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
>writes:

>>>Yes, thats what several of us have said the past few days.... Its
>>>rightin the full spec sheet.
>>>
>> In one test the ZSAC is 0.133A.  In the other test, the ZSAC is
>>0.07A.

>So obviously you had the info in front of you before you asked the
>question Rich.

?  I saw no info saying that increasing anode supply and screen supply
potentials increased IMD.

>So instead of wasting my and the reflectors time with
>word games try spitting it all out at once.
>I have no problem increasing I idle to any level at 2KV if it will make
>an improvement in IMD. So what do YOU suggest?  ....

?  That increasing the anode supply potential does not cause more
distortion.  .  That reducing ZSAC typically does.  .  That to realise
maximal power out of a tetrode or pentode in Class AB1 ssb service, one
needs high levels of screen and anode potentials.  That the ZSAC and
the constant-curves are the real story.
-  cheers, Carl.

Rich...