[AMPS] Message subjects again

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Message subjects again
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 00:36:27 -0800
>Rich,
>
>The original message was looking for a tuning capacitor.

?  That was 1/3 of it.  There were two more parts.

>Somehow it turned
>into a discussion about your 2M pair of 4CX250's and whether or not you
>would create an obnoxious signal at 1000W output.

?  The tuning capacitor part of Wayne's post did not turn into an
amplifier discussion.   The amplifier part of the post turned into an
amplifier discussion.  .  .   Apparently you did not read the last two
items on the original post or my quote of it.  One more time.  The
original post:
- -    "i'm looking for a tuning capacitor  350pF,2kV working voltage.
Johnson 154-2 or something equivalent

also looking for for some ceramic insulators
Johnson 135 series or equivalent

and last ,i'm looking for a high power amp
for 2 meter ssb ( 500 + out put) any body
want to sell one? want it ready to plug and play.  (am6154 ?)
please send price and condition.

Thanks in advance,
wayne"
----------------------

>Which turned into a
>description about how you tune it up.  Then G3SEK (I think) griped about
>how the Europeans overdrive their contesting amps on VHF.  Somewhere in
>there was a couple more topics, the most recent being about input SWR to an
>amp.
>
>My problem is that all of this is still under the title of looking for a
>tuning capacitor.  The participants in this ongoing discussion simply hit
>REPLY each time, meanwhile the subject wanders back and forth.  To the
>people participating, this means nothing because they don't care.  The rest
>of us on the reflector are inconvenienced because we don't know whether to
>read the message or not.

>This pisses people off.  Each time raised this issue I gotten e-mails
>supporting my point.  Other people don't like it too.

?  Perhaps some Midol would help?

>This reflector is not just for the convenience of a few people.  If you
>want to communicate that way, fine - do it off the reflector.

? So your complaint has nothing to do with the message of Wayne's post.
Your complaint is  about Wanye's Subject line only mentioning two of the
three topics in the message of his post.      Apparently, all would be
well if the Subject line had said:  "tuning capacitor & insulator & 2m
SSB amp."  instead of "tuning capacitor & insulator"?

-  later, Dave

Rich...