[AMPS] parts support many moons later

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parts support many moons later
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:11:59 -0800
How many manufacturers can you think of who ARE still in business and are
willing to even look on the shelves for parts for their products 30+ years
ago?

Ten-Tec and Drake although some of the parts are no longer available.

Lane Zeitler
KM3G

Factory repair is also an option but all are warned that a 30 year old
amplifier may cost more than it is worth on the used market to fix, thereby
making it "beyond economical repair".

Honesty about cost to fix Vs todays value seems a far cry from "screw off".

Interesting that we ARE still talking about amplifiers built 30+ years ago.
Many are still in service today. I own the very first Henry ever made, 2K
serial number 1, and yes it still works great. See it at
http://radiodan.com/Henry/misc/2k1.htm , the page is still in progress but I
do have a picture of it there.

That is a quality statement in itself.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!