[AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:18:29 -0600
>I know this is going to make some people on this list cringe but the MFJ
>249 antenna tuner has a dip meter option. Makes for 2 very useful instruments

I just picked up a used 249, it ain't bad at all.  Yeah some will cringe,
but it's a nice instrument.  The 249B seems a lot more useful as it will
actually give you reactance numbers.  But for $125 for the old 249 (plus
a 100 MHz Tektronix O-Scope for another $125 in the deal) I couldn't go
wrong!

The dip meter coils are only another $20 if I am correct.

Having a dip meter is VERY useful.

73,

Jon
KE9NA