[AMPS] Antenna Delta

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Antenna Delta
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:27:08 -1000
Aloha,  a few have asked what test report/Dayton talk did
I have reference to in the below statement:

>"Well, I read about the tests reported at
> Dayton last summer about various tri-band antennas.
>So,  today  I ...

ordered a Force 12 C4 antenna.  This is the C3 with the addition of
a 37 foot dipole element for 40 meters."

The title of the paper,  and talk at Dayton is:

"HF Tribander Performance,  sub title,  Test
Methods and Results",  authors, H. Ward Silver,
N0AX,  and Steve Morris, K7LXC.

This is a bound  report,  some  42 pages of text,  plus another
eight appendicies listing all the data collected during tests
of eight available commercial tri-band antennas,  including
one 2 el. quad antenna.  The report is copywrited,  costs
$15,  and is still "in print" and available.

You can order a copy from Champion Radio Products, go to:

    http://www.championradio.com./

Click on publications,  it is the first item of the list,  as follows:

"HF TRIBANDER PERFORMANCE - TEST METHODS & RESULTS
This groundbreaking test took eight HF triband antennas and tested their
on-the-air performance. Over 50 pages long, information includes the
protocol used, the data sets and results. Antennas tested are: C-3,
TA-33, 2-element quad, KT-34XA, PRO-77, Skyhawk, TH7DX and
TH11. Extremely interesting reading. By NØAX and K7LXC. $15.00 ."

Very interesting reading, and unbiased results reporting.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden island of Kauai