[AMPS] Rapid Warmup Indirectly Heated Cathode Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rapid Warmup Indirectly Heated Cathode Tubes
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:03:42 -0800

>  I've often wondered if it would be possible to leave the filament at
>say 1 1/2 - 2 volts even when the amp is off, and if doing so would
>cut out a large portion of the warm up time. If the tube could stay
>like this without a blower on.

?  Sounds like a good idea, however, some experimentation would be needed
to see what the new warm up time is.  One can easily determine what is
going on during warmup by measuring the open circuit contact potential
from the cathode to the grid with a DMM.  When the contact potential
stops rising, the cathode temp has stabilized.

-  later, Mark

Rich...