[AMPS] Tube identification

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tube identification
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:25:31 -0500

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 12:43:48 -0600 Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> writes:

>>Now, I have a the Motorola designation
>>on the tube, as provided by the owner:  65-83382-D02. This is
>apparently the
>>only other designation on the tube, which he describes as having very
>little
>>discoloration, so I don't think he burned the actual tube number
>off!
>
>Having worked at Motorola, I know what this is!

After multiple layers of BS the bottom line is that it is most likely a
standard production tube .

Look at it ...if it looks like a 5894, 4CX250 series, etc  it probably
is. The real question is the filament voltage but that is simple to
confirm.

Motorola tried their best to hide info so their customers could get the
maximum screw job.

73  Carl  K M1H

>This is a Motorola internal part number.  The 65 prefix means its a
>vacuum tube and the D02 means that it is second in a family of tubes
>(D01, D02, etc.....).  Many times Motorola will have a manufacturer
>put
>THEIR internal part number on a device and not the industry trade
>number.
> It makes it a real pain in the butt because even on the internal
>specs
>they don't necessarily list the generic industry number.  It could
>also
>be custom built and spec'd for Motorola.  There is a slim chance that
>
>someone who still works at Motorola could find a spec for you on this.
>
>They probably got one burried somewhere.
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

>Jon Ogden
>KE9NA
>
>http://www.qsl.net/ke9na    <--- CHECK IT OUT!  It's been
>updated!!!!!

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]