[AMPS] HV Connectors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Connectors
From: tacookfam@exotrope.net (tacook)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:11:05 -0500
One "trick" you can do with UHF connectors is to remove the center
connector parts of both the '239 & 259; extend the center conductor +
insulation for abt. 1-2 inches so it reaches through the '239.  Attach a
Banana plug to the wire and rig to an insulated jack inside to accept it.
This makes for a long breakdown path that the "straight" '239-'259 combo
doesn't have and the breakdown is now determined by the coax.  Not
conventional nor commercial, but works fine!  You do have to be careful not
to excessively melt or distort the center conductor insulation.

Tom - WA2BPE

To: <amps@contesting.com>