[AMPS] AL-82

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-82
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:13:41 -0500

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:35:57 -0800 "Mike Michon" <michon@eatel.net>
writes:

>Checked the tubes for filament to grid short. One tube was shorted
>from
>filament to grid.
>
>Hooked tube from filament to grid to a 12 volt car battery and burned
>shorted parts off.

Now that is an interesting method! I have a few duds here that I will try
that on.

The tubes put out 1200 watts again. For how long we
>will
>see.

Try one tube at a time on  or 20M with 50W drive to see how balanced they
are.

>Thanks for the information.

Check condx of parasitic resistors. If they are OK you probably had a
nice internal tube arc. Get a HV glitch resistor installed ASAP and a
1N5408 on the ckt board. Parts are stocked at Mouser.

73  Carl  KM1H

To: <amps@contesting.com>

To: <amps@contesting.com>