[AMPS] induction furnace

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] induction furnace
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:04:11 EST
Re: Furnace Problem.

Hello there,

I had a smaller size furnace with a similar problem. Two things you could
try, both of which I've done.

Tektronix has an AC power line analyzer with some pretty nice features.
Some functions  which are load, balance, power factor and ground current
fault detection.
Although it's a pricey device, one serious problem solved will pay for it
in an industrial application.

There are Test Equipment Rental Businesses available, this might be
another avenue to consider.

The furnace I serviced with the same type of problem required the
replacement of the On/OFF GFI breaker switch. Quite expensive in it's own
right.
I had to test the breaker switch by other methods (not with the Tektronix
unit)

Sidebar:  I've had very poor service life from Airpax breaker switches.
The same ones used in the Space Shuttle.

73's
skipp    wv6f

http://sonic.ucdavis.edu     for Southpark and other fun.
http://pilot.ucdavis.edu     for the TRS-80 home page.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]