[AMPS] ARRL and QST

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL and QST
From: andywallace@home.com (Andy Wallace)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:03:19 -0600
Shrinking of QST and the lack of interest by Techs in the ARRL is real
simple--the ARRL preoccupation with CW, an archaic mode of communication
that all commercial users and the military have long since dropped. CW is
fine for hobbyists but to make it a requirement to get an advanced ham
license is plain stupid as we head into the millinium. I find it real
interesting that Techs can legally use high power at frequencies more
dangerous and demanding than HF--go figure.

Andy  K5VM