[AMPS] glue

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] glue
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:04:39 -0600
>Has anyone had any experience in glueing a broken choke on a ceramic form
>back togeather?  I have one in my tank circuit that I glued back togeather
>with a good grade of 5 min. epoxy and I wondered about the rf heating it up
>and destroying the bond after a period of time.

Hi Larry,

I tried it once with super glue and it really didn't last too long.
Started giving me problems after a couple of weeks.  Perhaps epoxy will
work better, but don't use superglue.  Someone told me that it is a
dessicant which means that it ends up absorbing moisture.  This moisture
will eventually cause the bond to fail.  Other glues might do the same
thing.  If they do absorb moisture, the joint will get stressed from
heating and cooling.

Frankly, I'd get a new form and wind a new choke which is what I did.
I'd be nervous about the glue after a long period of time.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden