[AMPS] Metalworking Questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Metalworking Questions
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:07:28 -0000
        >Are there any good references for a late learner to pick up some
>of this info/techniques/tools/jargon?

Try  http//www.fotec.co.uk/mehs/tee/bookmags.htm

They do a lot of books on model engineering, which includes at least one on
sheet metal work. You can certainly order by 'phone using a credit card: you
may even be able to order by e-mail.

        >I seem to remember back in the 80's (??) in the ham magazines a
small,
        >simple (and cheap) metal brake for bending light guage steel and
        >aluminum just for this purpose.  Anybody got any ideas if anything
like
        >this is still available?

There's one made in Japan. It's available through Maplin in the UK: they are
a hobbyist type electronic bits supplier, more like Fry's than Radio Shack.
I could probably find the manufacturers address in Japan if that helps. They
are about the $110 mark here, and I expect cheaper in the US.

73

Peter G3RZP