[AMPS] 4-400's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-400's
From: sbookout@mnsinc.com (Steve)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 08:49:20 -0500
Hello all,

I've been reading with considerable interest the results Frank, W3LPL and
others in recent days, have had with setting up G-G tuned inputs in a
passive manner.

I am putting the final touches to a 10 meter G-G amp using a pair of
4-400's.  (I am only lacking putting the Millen HV connectors on Plexiglas
pieces instead of the chassis, thanks to the reflector.)  My tuned input is
using a pi section with a torroid and two variable caps.  It would make
things a bunch easier if I could get the caps in the 'ballpark' BEFORE
firing the amp up.  With this in mind, does anyone know the approximate
input impedance, which  I can replace with a fixed value resistor?

I can let the group know my results in the next couple of days.

FWIW, I placed the pi network right at the socket pin, with the blocking
cap actually connecting the pin and the output cap in the pi, so I guess
I'm literally an inch and a half away.

73 de Steve, NJ4F
Make note; New Email address is nj4f@erols.com.