[AMPS] professional glass blowers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] professional glass blowers
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 02:13:36 EST

[snip]
FWIW, I've been using Pyrex glass chimneys with 4CX250Bs for well over
20 years. They were cut from stock tubing that was a close slip fit over
the anodes, the ends ground square, and simply glued on to the base with
silicone rubber. Works fine.

Great Idea, I'm actually going to try that.

>He has a very nice working shop...
Takes me back to the time when all the experimental rigs in our physical
chemistry lab were built from glass, so everybody was taught the basics
of glassblowing. For the difficult stuff, there was sufficient work for
a full-time scientific glassblower. If you've never seen someone at work
with a glassblowing lathe, book tickets now - it's absolutely
fascinating to watch.

Your right,
He has all the equipment you described, plus the skills to use it
properly. Only a brutal divorce settlement keeps him coming in two days a
week.  It's great to watch him work.  I'm putting together a web page of
the things going on around my office. Shots of  the glass shop would be
great.

One last sidebar, I picked up a Vivitar 2700 Digital Camera at the Frys
Electronics Stores. The price on the refurbs is only $188, the reason
they failed was from the lousy early software that came with it.   The
supplied software with my unit is an update and works great.
This camera does all the major things you would want and dumps a 640X480
picture real fast. LCD screen on the back, holds min 25 high res shots,
dumps digital and composite video out.
The only bad thing is it's hunger for the four AA batteries, but I'm
using rechargeable.

It's working very well to record shots of the amplifiers and equipment
around the shack. I highly recommend it.

cheers
Skipp

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]