[AMPS] CW amplifier progress (well, daydream progress) -- lon g

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CW amplifier progress (well, daydream progress) -- lon g
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:13:49 EST
   Although I do understand what you mean, if you just turn on the
amp when you turn on the rig there is no problem, so the issue isn't that
one NEEDS instant on, but that one WANTS instant on. Personally, I think
instant rotation antennas would be more of a benefit.

Mark WB8JKR

>I really wish you technical weenies would stop making such sweeping
>judgments!  Lots of folks need instant on!  I need instant on!  I NEED
>INSTANT ON!!!  OK?
>I'm a DXer for Pete's sake!!!  Slow warm up receivers are OK.  Slow
>warm
>up exciters are OK.  But when it comes to amplifiers, DXers need
>instant
>on.  Most DXers spend about 99 percent or more of their time
>listening.
>When they finally hear what they are looking for, it is imperative
>that
>they call it NOW!!!  Otherwise, you may miss the contact.  This has
>always been true.  Today, with the DX spotting packet and internet
>networks, to quote a friend of mine, "it is most true."  :0)
>73,
>--
>Ken K4XL
>grimm@lynchburg.net
>BoatAnchor Manual Archive - http://bama.sbc.edu or
>ftp://bama.sbc.edu/boatanchor
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]