[AMPS] 4 off 4CX250BM Designs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4 off 4CX250BM Designs
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:14:28 -0800

>I pick up 4 new 4CX250BM valves at a hamfest recently. Does anyone know a
>source of a design using 4 valves for the HF bands? Presumably they can
>simply
>be operated in parallel

?  For linear amplifier service, I would put a separate vhf supp. on each
anode,  use maximal screen and anode potentials, put around 1 ohm in
series with each grid, and terminate the grid with 12-ohms fed through a
bifilar input b-b matching transformer.  I doubt that independent bias
adj. on each would be needed, however, checking on individual zsac is
easy if there is a small amount of (low-L) R between each cathode and
gnd.  A small amount of L will probably be needed on higher bands to
cancel the grids' C.

-  later

Rich...