[AMPS] Resoldering 3-500Z Filament Pins ??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Resoldering 3-500Z Filament Pins ??
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:33:27 +0100
Mike,

I am not sure about special techniques, but make sure you
are very careful with the tube after you make the repair.
Last time I tried fix a loose filament pin on a 3-500Z, I ended
up watching in horror as it slip from my hands and crashed to the
linoleum floor beneath me. This event rather quickly diminished
the feeling of great satisfaction that I had derived from my
clever repair of the filament pin as a shattered envelope
tends to make the condition of the filament circuit rather mute
- grin grin.

73 Mike, W4EF..........

P.S. Seems to me that it felt like 5 minutes elapsed from the time
that the tube left my hands to the time that it exchanged its moment
with the linoleum (e.g. the moment that it shattered into 10 trillion
pieces).

BTW, as I recall the filament wire seemed to solder quite well to the
the pin. It probably would have worked fine had I not been so clumsy.