FW: [AMPS] Alpha/Power and Henry Radio

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [AMPS] Alpha/Power and Henry Radio
From: w4eto@rainbow.rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:20:43 -0600
Hi Richard...

I have personally done the same demonstration with virtually every ALPHA
model we've ever built - beginning with the original ALPHA SEVENTY back at
the Miami, Orlando and Jacksonville hamfests around 1971. 1970-1983 models
didn't have specific SWR protection; they were just built to survive open
and short circuits at full drive.

We often do the same demo with ALPHA 87As, 89s, 91Bs these days. BOTH open-
and short-circuited with full drive. Ask to see it if you're at Dayton or
Friedrichshafen!

73,     Dick   W0ID    (formerly W4ETO)