[AMPS] Re: Heathkit SB-1000 choke values?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Heathkit SB-1000 choke values?
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:49:00 +1200
Skip WV6F wrote:
> The "owner/operations manual" mentions a retrofit plate choke
> ("shouldered version") should be installed. Anyone have
> information about the newer plate choke value?

Hello Skip,
I have a SB1000 and I obtained the "sholdered" replacement
RF choke from Heathkit before they dropped Amateur equipment.
The original choke is fine for 160-80-40-20-15-10
The newer choke is to allow operation on 17m and 12m.

If you need one perhaps you can try Ameritron, as the SB1000
was similar to the original AL80A.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ