[AMPS] Need Alpha 374A Mods.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need Alpha 374A Mods.
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 14:39:29 -0600
At 02:34 PM 1999-05-01 -0400, O'Mara's, Bill & Lori wrote:

>Hi All.  Name here is Bill and I am new to the reflector.  I am looking
>for any info regarding Mods for my Alpha 374A. Also any information on
>getting a new front panel or getting it repainted.  Boy what a lousy
>paint they used.
>
>    Thanks for reading  and 73 Bill W4RM
>
>P.S.  Anyone have a list of the different older Alpha amps that includes
>tubes used and used cost.  I am trying to understand all the differences
>ex. 77, 77SX......
>
>Thanks again

Hi, Bill--

Yep, there was a time when ETO used a paint from 3M.  It is my
understaning that this paint was promoted by 3M as being great stuff,
scuff resistant, and tough.  ETO bought in to this expensive paint thinking
they were doing a great service to their customers--based on 3M's glowing
promises.

A few years later 3M quietly discontinued the paint--and now we
are seeing the reason why.  It turns to something that resembles
the floor of an old movie theatre--gumming and generally ugly.

Alpha/Power should have new panels in stock--try writing them at
apicontact@aol.com for info--or just call them at 970-5353-4173.

73  John  W0UN