[AMPS] Tokyo HL-2K on 6M?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tokyo HL-2K on 6M?
From: andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 15:33:29 +0100

Hi all,

Has anybody converted a Tokyo HL-2K to run on 6M?  I have seen the mods
for a Heathkit SB220 which uses the same tubes (2x3-500Z) and was
wondering could something similar be done to the HL-2K (mine has two
Amperex 3-500ZGs installed).

For those who aren't familiar with this amp, it has a nine position
bandswitch to cover all bands including WARC.  I would be more than
happy to lose the 12M position.  If necessary I could move 10M to the
12M position and add 6M to the previous 10M position.

I currently run an ETO 91b and just use the HL-2K as a backup in a
contest in case the 91b should fail (it never has).  Therefore, I want
to keep the six contest bands useable (if possible) and change one of
the WARC bands to 6M.

Basically, I'm just wondering about the feasibility of the project and
if anyone has done it before.  Any tips, comments etc welcome.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang
http://www.qsl.net/zl9ci/