[AMPS] parasitic suppresser

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitic suppresser
From: ohashi@ny.airnet.ne.jp (ohashi)
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:42:24 +0900
I found burned parasitic suppresser in my Henry 2KD-5.
The silver plated tape coil looks OK but two resistors
inside of the coil were completely broken.

I made new parasitic suppresser which was referred to
Rich's home page.  It uses stainless wire (#18, 1.2mm Dia.)
wounded 3.5 turn at 7mm Dia.  A 100 ohm 2W MOF resister is
connected in parallel.

The result is very good.  The photograph is seen in the
link below.

http://www.ny.airnet.ne.jp/ohashi/parasti.jpg

The upper is the burned original one and lower is new one
made of stainless wire.

'73 de JA2DHC/1  Kazuo Ohashi
  QTH: Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
   PBBS: JA2DHC@JL1ZND.11.JNET1.JPN.AS