[AMPS] Re: Power supply question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Power supply question
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:43:29 +1200
Vic K2VCO wrote:
> I was thinking about using a plate transformer with a dual
> voltage primary, and connecting the blower across one half of it
> and the transformer across the other half.
> The whole primary, of course, would be connected to 240v.

Hello Vic,
I have a Heath SB1000 which is designed for 120 or 240 volts, and
it has a 110v fan.
In the case of 240v AC supply, the two primary windings of T1
are in series, and the fan is connected across one winding only
ie from one end of the primary to the center-tap.

Hope this helps

Martin ZL1ANJ