[AMPS] Power supply question, pic of SB 1K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power supply question, pic of SB 1K
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:46:59 EDT

re: split primaries in series and parallel.
If you'd like to view the SB-1000 circuit diagram, there's a scanned
image on one of my servers.

http://sonic.ucdavis.edu

cheers
skipp

[snip]
>Vic K2VCO wrote:
> I was thinking about using a plate transformer with a dual
> voltage primary, and connecting the blower across one half of it
> and the transformer across the other half.
> The whole primary, of course, would be connected to 240v.

:Hello Vic,
:I have a Heath SB1000 which is designed for 120 or 240 volts, and
:it has a 110v fan.
:In the case of 240v AC supply, the two primary windings of T1
:are in series, and the fan is connected across one winding only
:ie from one end of the primary to the center-tap.
:Hope this helps
:Martin ZL1ANJ

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]