[AMPS] update on 13% eff 6M amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] update on 13% eff 6M amp
From: ny1e@server.nlbbs.com (Dick McDuffie)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 17:07:15 -0400

I just had my 1st QSO with the 4-1000A 6M amp, running 750 out at 50% eff.
the problem was (is) two high of a load impeadance, I tried lowering the
plate voltage with a variac and eff came up every step lower, to 60% at
1500 volts! (675 watts in/400 watts out). I am running 4000 volts now, with
capacitor at minimum. The next step is a tuned input, maybe the greater
drive will lower my RL some more. I'm getting there, not bad for not
knowing algebra and drilling the first hole 10 days ago, (thanks to K5PC
for shipping Vac Variable before recieving my check!) still 12 days before
the contest.
                        See you on 6,
                         Dick NY1E