[AMPS] Purchase Recommendation?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Purchase Recommendation?
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:43:59 -0700
 >Rich wrote:
> > > ?  In g-g config., the 3CX1200A7 has over 5-times as much
> feedback-C as
> >> the 8877 or the 3CX1200Z7.
> >

> >At the plate voltage HENRY uses (4400 VDC) I have had never had
> any problems
> >with my 1987 tube which is still in service at full output today
> in my HENRY
> >3K Premier.
> >
> ?   Dan:  Would a new 3cx1200A7 be likely to have more gain than an old
> one?

Depends on the condition of the old one. I don't know if Eimac is making
them any different than they used to. I would suppose they are about the
same today as yesterday.
Mine still does about 2000 watts with about 100 watts drive which is what a
new tube gets out in the same HENRY 3K Premier amp that is made today.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!